Saturday, May 12, 2012

Miss America



Dear America, I will miss you.

There is no better way to enjoy one of your last nights in the States than with your friends.  And considering it was my last night in America, I chose to spend my last American evening outside on the porch, enjoying a homemade American meal with some of the greatest (and, upon my request, patriotically dressed) people in the U.S. of A. 

Caroline, of course, went above and beyond with this patriotic hair bow. 

I don't know if you're aware of this yet, but I have some of the coolest friends in town.  They are some of the most spontaneous, silly, sassy, and hilarious (sorry to break the alliteration) people I know. In fact, my favorite memories involve countless crazy adventures with these individuals, whether that be jumping on a trampoline for 24 hours straight, roadtripping to New Mexico, or participating in our annual kickball tournament. These people are always up for anything fun. 

I honestly wouldn't necesssarily classify myself as a very adventurous person; I tend to be overly cautious most of the time. But something happens when I'm around these people.  You never know what adventure is coming when we all get together. And that's what I love about them.

I am obviously VERY excited about these next few months. And it's blowing my mind that I get on the plane TOMORROW.  But it's still crazy to imagine not spending the summer with them, but I am SO expectant for what the Lord has in store for me AND for them this summer! 

Wow. Just look at these beautiful faces.... I'll miss these faces. These are the faces of people I love a whole lot. These faces are the reason I'll probably be fighting back some tears as I board the plane tomorrow. These faces are the reason I'll miss America.























No comments:

Post a Comment