Thursday, May 3, 2012

Ten Days

(photo cred: Megan Shipley)

Ten Days. In ten days I will be on the other side of the globe, beginning one of my life's biggest adventures. I. Can't. Wait.

During my freshman year at Baylor University, I heard about Baylor's study abroad program in Maastricht, Netherlands. It sounded like an adventure waiting to happen. And here I am, nearly three years later, about to spend my LAST semester of college in Europe for an entire summer. Is there a better way to finish college? I really don't think so.

I'm actually currently in the midst of finals week....which is the perfect time to start blog, right? Probably not. But I've resolved that studying is near pointless when my mind is continually daydreaming about all of the countries I'll be traveling to, the trains I'll be taking, the languages I'll be hearing, the sights I'll be seeing, and all of the gelato I'll be delightfully consuming.

Finding Netherland.
My hope for this blog is not only to keep you informed of my adventures this summer, but also to hopefully encourage you to find your own adventures, to find your own personal Netherland, if you will. Because you don't have to be halfway across the world to find life's biggest adventures. The adventures are already waiting for us; we just have to find them.

No comments:

Post a Comment